Northrop Grumman Technical Editor and Writer in Washington, District Of Columbia
Technical Editor and Writer
Requisition ID: 18004585
Location(s): United States-District of Columbia-Washington
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Technical Writer/Editor to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position will be supporting the USPS ETS contract at the USPS HQ location in Washington, DC. The candidate will be supporting the USPS Inspection Service IT development team. This individual will perform in the role of Technical Writer/Document Editor to write, edit and format newly developed web based documentation for a new application (Help and User’s guide).
The Technical Writer uses skill in writing original material and in synthesizing, organizing, rewriting, refining, formatting, and editing rough-draft material while maintaining the integrity of the ideas.The Technical Writer designs and develops customer web based documentation using software packages that meet the requirements of functional and system design specifications.
This documentation will be published on the USPIS Intranet for use by inspectors and support staff throughout the country.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years’ directly related work experience.
• Ability to design and develop customer web based documentation
• Minimum of 5 years experience working with:Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, FrontPage 2000/2002, Frame Maker, Acrobat Reader 4.0, Acrobat Writer 5.0, Windows, ClearQuest , Photoshop 6.0
• Experience working with Pagemaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe
Acrobat Reader. Robohelp 8, 9, or 10 and Captivate 5, 6, or 7.
• Must possess excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Ability to ensure consistency of style within a document
• Ability to edit documents paying close attention to matters of consistency in capitalization, spelling, and hyphenation; agreement of verbs and subjects, and other matters of syntax; punctuation; and many other similar details of style
• Must have strong understanding of mark-up language and production processes
• Ability to use typographic, graphic design techniques and illustration to create well designed, dynamic and easy to use web based documentation
• Ability to learn specified technology and applications quickly
• Knowledge of current desktop publishing and word processing programs is required.
• Knowledge of art production software and Help authoring tools
• Knowledge of various types of documents and ability to determine which types of documents best meet the needs in particular circumstances
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be able toobtain a USPS Sensitive clearance (green card holder or US citizen).
• Must not have travelled outside the US for more than 6 months in the last 5 years
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
• Position is based in Wash DC and does not offer relocation assistance
• Project, Clarify Front Office
• Experience with 508 is a PLUS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Technical Editor and Writer
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 18004585