Tetra Tech Assistant Editor in VT, United States
Title: Assistant Editor
Location: United States-VT-US-Burlington
Job Number: 18800000223
Tetra Tech ARD (https://tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, is accepting expressions of interest for an Assistant Editor. This is an entry-level, full-time position, with the potential to grow into an Editor/Production Specialist or Editor/Graphics Specialist position within the company, and to manage large editing projects. The right candidate will possess the desire to add clarity and organization to documents, with a nitpicky eye for grammar, style, and layout. Expert MS Office skills and exceptional attention to detail are required. Additional desired skills include graphics experience and proficiency in Spanish or French. It is essential that candidates demonstrate outstanding communications and teamwork skills, with the ability to handle a heavy workload with poise and professionalism. The Assistant Editor is a member of the Production team and works under the general supervision of the Editor-In-Chief. This position is based in Burlington, Vermont.
* Edit for clarity, readability, organization, spelling, grammar, content, and layout. The Assistant Editor will learn to assess the level of edit a piece of documentation requires at every stage of the process.
* Format material according to organizational and client style guides.
* Support Editors in the Production Unit and Technical Staff on project reports, and content for new business development.
* Collaborate across departments as needed to contribute to operational efficiencies.
* Perform other tasks as deemed appropriate and necessary.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or social sciences required;
* As this is an entry-level position, prior editorial and production experience is not necessary, 3 months to 3 years’ experience is preferred;
* Excellent writing, proofreading skills, and strong verbal communication skills are critical;
* Must work with teams, with tight deadlines, on overtime as needed, yet manage multiple tasks with a good sense of humor;
* Full proficiency in MS Word is required, including in creating, modifying, and applying styles and templates; experience with Adobe Design (Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), CorelDRAW, and MS Project is preferred;
* Familiarity with editing style guides (Chicago Manual of Style, AP, APA) is preferred;
* Strong organizational experience that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
* Strong oral and written communication skills for diverse audiences;
* Demonstrated strengths in multitasking and teamwork across hierarchies;
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes intense work environment;
* Proficiency in French or Spanish desirable;
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of this online application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity
* A current resume in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Apply online ONLY at http://bit.ly/2FMk8Q0 DISREGARD THE GRAY APPLY ONLINE BUTTON BELOW, and APPLY ONLY via the link above. Please visit the careers.tetratechintdev.com page to upload an application at that site. Please do not submit an application via tetratech.taleo.net. Thank you.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.