Google Strategic Partner Development Manager, News and Publishing Products (English, Japanese) in Tokyo, Japan
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
Global Product Partnerships (GPP) is looking for a talented individual to help build and lead a team of high-performing individuals in order to develop and execute the global partnerships strategy that enables our News and Publishing product goals in North Asia (i.e. Japan, Korea and Greater China). In this role, you will work closely with product leaders and other business development teams to help shape our product and go-to-market strategy. You will also work with cross-functional teams to source, negotiate, and execute strategic agreements for Google, while building and managing product relationships with some of our most strategic partners and operating effectively as part of a team.
Google’s Global Partnerships team works with a wide range of partners to bring the best of Google to power their business. The team partners with Publishers and App Developers of all sizes to promote their ad inventory, working with Google's broad range of partner solutions including AdSense, DoubleClick Platform Solutions and the Ad Exchange, across mobile, display, and video formats, helping our partners and their audiences get the most out of the web. In addition, the Partnerships team supports Google’s own product teams with essential partnerships to help power Google’s user experiences in search, maps, travel, shopping, payments and more.
- Partner closely with Product and other cross-functional teams to drive News and Publishing-related product partnerships, from concept to launch, including defining vertical strategy and negotiating strategic agreements. Provide partner feedback and market intelligence to Google’s Product teams.
- Provide thought leadership, define strategy, and drive execution of strategic agreements, with a particular focus on the News and Publishing space.
- Work with the Product team to define feature strategy and new opportunities. Source and value potential partnerships, perform due diligence on the partner/content, and lead agreements through to execution.
- Understand product launches/plans and implications for partners; lead related internal and external communications; represent Google’s position to partners where applicable and build, maintain and evolve relationships with News industry partners.
- Design and implement processes and policies to improve Google’s ability to partner globally; ensure partners are fulfilling their contractual obligations and that Google is providing the required support for them. Manage coordination with internal cross-functional teams (e.g. Product, Engineering, Legal, Operations, Finance, etc) and other Business Development teams.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant work and people management experience.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Japanese fluently and idiomatically.
- Direct or indirect experience with Media companies (e.g. Newspapers, Magazines, etc). Experience with digital content distribution strategies, with an understanding of subscription and paid content business models.
- Industry expertise in digital content distribution strategies, as well as understanding of subscription and paid content business models.
- Demonstrated record of building a pipeline, negotiating strategic agreements, and executing effectively in fast-paced and dynamic environments.
- Demonstrated record as a strategic thought-leader at a media company in the field of business development, partnerships, product management, general management or sales.
- Effective analytical and reasoning skills, with the ability to structure partnerships models and to handle technical, contractual and financial issues.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.