RELX Group Markets Editor - ICIS - Singapore in Singapore, Singapore
Markets Editor - ICIS - Singapore
Location: Singapore, Singapore
We are looking fora dedicated Singapore-based Markets Editor to join our AsiaPacific editorial team. The position would suit experienced individuals with abackground in petrochemicals and/or commodity markets reporting.
The ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines including being goodat multi-tasking is essential, as is the willingness to take on responsibilityfrom an early stage.
• Price reporting on weekly and/or daily chemical markets
• Deliver news coverage of assigned markets
• Fact checking & strict adherence to ICIS methodologies
• To be at the forefront of market developments and ensure that ICIS contentremains relevant to our subscribers. This includes timely delivery of pricingand news information, updating methodologies and plant information, launchingnew reports/quotes and other initiatives such as contributing to free contenton ICIS websites
• Market engagement – delivering market presentations at key conferences and/orduring client visits
• In addition to the above tasks, the role of Senior Editor would alsoincorporate providing managerial support through mentoring junior staff
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Journalism, Business / Economics or ChemicalEngineering)
• Highly motivated, articulate and numerate
• Analytical and process-driven
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Ability and perseverance to build contacts and pursue leads
ICISis the world's largest petrochemical market information provider and hasfast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions. Our aim is to give companies inglobal commodities markets a competitive advantage by delivering trustedpricing data, high-value news, analysis and independent consulting, enablingour customers to make better-informed trading and planning decisions. We havemore than 30 years’ experience in providing pricing information, news, analysisand consulting to buyers, sellers and analysts.
With a global staff of more than 800, ICIS has employees based in Houston,Washington, New York, London, Montpellier, Dusseldorf, Karlsruhe, Milan,Mumbai, Singapore, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Yantai, Tokyo and Perth. Some350 of ICIS’s staff are journalists engaged in reporting market prices andnews, and ICIS is fully committed to upholding the highest journalisticprinciples of verification, corroboration and authentication.
ICIS is a division of Reed Business and a member of RELX Group, the world'sleading publisher and information provider.