RELX Group Markets Editor - ICIS - Singapore in Singapore, Singapore
Markets Editor - ICIS - Singapore
Location: Singapore, Singapore
We are looking for a dedicated Singapore-based Markets Editor to join our Asia Pacific editorial team. The position would suit experienced individuals with a background in petrochemicals and/or commodity markets reporting.
The ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines including being good at multi-tasking is essential, as is the willingness to take on responsibility from an early stage.
• Price reporting on weekly and/or daily chemical markets
• Deliver news coverage of assigned markets
• Fact checking & strict adherence to ICIS methodologies
• To be at the forefront of market developments and ensure that ICIS content remains relevant to our subscribers. This includes timely delivery of pricing and news information, updating methodologies and plant information, launching new reports/quotes and other initiatives such as contributing to free content on ICIS websites
• Market engagement – delivering market presentations at key conferences and/or during client visits
• In addition to the above tasks, the role of Senior Editor would also incorporate providing managerial support through mentoring junior staff
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Journalism, Business / Economics or Chemical Engineering)
• Highly motivated, articulate and numerate
• Analytical and process-driven
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Ability and perseverance to build contacts and pursue leads
ICIS is the world's largest petrochemical market information provider and has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions. Our aim is to give companies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage by delivering trusted pricing data, high-value news, analysis and independent consulting, enabling our customers to make better-informed trading and planning decisions. We have more than 30 years’ experience in providing pricing information, news, analysis and consulting to buyers, sellers and analysts.
With a global staff of more than 800, ICIS has employees based in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Montpellier, Dusseldorf, Karlsruhe, Milan, Mumbai, Singapore, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Yantai, Tokyo and Perth. Some 350 of ICIS’s staff are journalists engaged in reporting market prices and news, and ICIS is fully committed to upholding the highest journalistic principles of verification, corroboration and authentication.
ICIS is a division of Reed Business and a member of RELX Group, the world's leading publisher and information provider.