Bloomberg Equities Editor - Shanghai in Shanghai, China
Job Requisition Number: 66632
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features.
You will work on a team of reporters and editors covering news about greater China stocks, bonds and currencies. As the world's second-biggest equity market and third-biggest debt market open up to global investors, you'll cover these developments in real time, while delivering stories that explain this shift and offer a broader perspective. You will play a big part in helping us expand our coverage of mainland equities, from research to earnings to intraday market moves.
With years of editing experience (preferably covering markets), you will set a standard for fast and accurate coverage, and be a great teammate who collaborates well with colleagues.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate and craft content, both short and long-form, that demonstrates a strong story-telling ability and understanding of what our readers are interested in
- Edit and write copy for accuracy and insight; and be adept at utilizing multiple formats including graphics
- Support reporters on sourcing, interviewing and writing
- Collaborate closely with colleagues within the bureau and across the region
- Be a key part of bureau/team coverage expansion plans (eg by outreach with consumers of our news, helping to project manage some initiatives); take ownership for delivering on the goals that the team is set
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous financial journalism experience
- Excellent editing skills
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment
- Excellent written and spoken English
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of Mandarin language
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.