RELX Group Editor in Salt Lake City, Utah
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Develop and edit content, both print and digital. Train and support authoring teams, and manage content projects. Integral to content development team meeting annual content targets.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
• Copyedit author-supplied content for consistency and accuracy according to Amirsys style guide
• Review hard copy and press proofs before publication
• Perform content integrity reviews on digital content
• Cross-train new editors on editing style guide and procedures
• Manage 3-4 projects with little supervision for on-time completion of content
• Communicate with senior manager and publishing lead about content progress and delays/accelerations in authoring
• Some coordination with product and software teams
• Become knowledgeable on Amirsys proprietary apps and software so as to train and support authors
• Basic software troubleshooting
• Participate in software improvement sessions, giving feedback about what editing and authoring features are needed
• Primary author support for 3-4 content teams
• Train authors on Amirsys style guide and authoring software
Functional and Technical Competencies
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Detail oriented; able to maintain focus for extended period of time
Able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
Comfortable learning new software, including project management software and authoring tools
Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
Familiarity with medical terminology and style guides a plus
Strong sense of customer service
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
BA or BS in English, Communications, or similar educational background
2-4 years of editing experience
1-2 years of project management
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.
Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.