WROC-TV 8 Chief Editor in Rochester, New York
Location: Rochester, New York
Position Summary: WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks a Chief Editor to oversee all video for the newscasts
ensuring the video has been edited according to the scripts and submitted on time for airing. The Chief Editor must
be able to train and motivate all editing personnel to produce high quality visual stories.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures all video is edited to scripts and submitted on time so that the newscasts are free of errors.
- Works closely with the Producers to enhance the newscasts with video and natural sound.
- Records graphics to ensure proper placement in newscast.
- Assists with the composition and framing of camera shots, and applies the technical aspects of light, lenses and
camera settings to achieve the effects sought by Directors.
- Confers with Directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and
- Trains new Editors/Production Assistants.
- Maintains an accurate archive system.
- Works closely with News Management and Engineering team to ensure broadcasts objectives are being met.
- Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Minimum two years' experience in news operations.
- Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Deko, Photoshop a plus, and broadcast equipment experience preferred.
- Must be fast, accurate and dependable.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift, weekend availability required.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Chief Editor must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and
memos, conduct face to face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make
decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather
conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Chief Editor must be able to lift, set up
and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Please apply at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll