Turner Broadcasting Summer 2018 CNN Intern - Social Publishing in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Summer 2018 CNN Intern - Social Publishing
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
Social Publishing is a fast-moving, surprising, creative and dynamic social media team at CNN. Backed by the global resources of CNN, our social media accounts are some of the largest and most influential in the world -- covering not only the day's top stories, but finding fascinating and proactive ways to tell those stories on every social platform - from Snapchat to Facebook, to Kik and Twitter.
What will you be doing?
Interns gain insight into the analytics and publishing tools that drive engagement and reach on our social platforms. They will learn how to optimize for social, write for social and measure success on social. They will strengthen their writing, research and creative brainstorming skills. They will work with producers from story inception to finished package, understand how a social newsroom works, and the ways major news organization use social for newsgathering.
What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you would like to know!
Program dates are June 4ththrough August 10th.
Interns are paid at least minimum wage ($13/hour), can work up to 40 hours/week, and relocation is not provided.
- Must be currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Applicants should be sophomore status or greater.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to starting the internship Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.