The Hearst Corporation Senior News and Culture Editor, MarieClaire.com in New York, New York
Hearst Digital Media is looking for a Senior News and Culture Editor to join Marie Claire. In this vital role, this person would be responsible for pitching, writing and/or assigning, editing, and publishing a robust lineup that runs the gamut from quick news items to juicy celebrity interviews to culturally resonant features to exciting new franchises. This position reports to the Digital Director of MarieClaire.com, and works closely with all departments.
Were looking for someone who has a take on the latest celeb breakup and Cynthia Nixons run for governor; who can rattle off the list of former Bachelors as easily as they can name former White House employees.
The Senior News and Culture Editor can write quickly and with intelligence and humor, has endless ideas both big and small, and has serious internet savvysomeone who lives online and knows what readers respond to and what they dont, and someone who cares about why.
Exceptional writing, editing, and brainstorming skills are essential, as are self-motivation and the ability to meet tight daily and weekly deadlines.
- Pitch and write MarieClaire.coms celebrity and politics news
- Pitch and either write or assign/edit longer-lead and second-day stories and bigger features
- Conduct celebrity interviews
- Edit freelance writers
- Determine which TV shows, movies, and events MC should be obsessed with right now
- Coordinate with fact-checking and legal teams to ascertain stories meet all standards
- Be intimately familiar with analytics, and program content accordingly
- Five years creating content for a media property, preferably in digital
- Three years writing and editing entertainment content
- Good judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement
- Excellent writing, editing, and brainstorming skills
- Interest in womens media, celebrity, news, politics, and womens issues
- Knowledge of SEO, Photoshop, and a CMS
- Experience tracking real-time and long-term analytics
- Bachelors degree
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO