West Publishing Corporation Senior Legal Editor, Privacy & Data Security in New York, New York
Practical Law is looking for a privacy and data security specialist editor with expertise in privacy and data security/protection laws and developing compliance programs to address them. The editor will:
- Develop ideas for privacy and data security/ protection content for US, UK, and Canadian practitioners and businesses that address global data protection law and practice, which will be published on Practical Law's online services.
- Establish, maintain, and manage extensive relationships with external law firm contributors who have expertise on privacy and data security/ protection issues.
- Draft, write and edit resources, including standard form documents, practice guidance notes, and checklists in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Write and edit content for Practical Law's companion print magazine, Practical Law The Journal.
- Develop relationships with law firm attorneys, inhouse counsel, and industry groups to ensure that Practical Law's content is topical and meets their needs.
- Support privacy, data security, and data protection content and product development projects.
- Assist sales team by participating in sales calls and demonstrating service to potential subscribers.
- Assist marketing team by participating in webinars and creation of educational programs.
**This position has the ability to be a remote position and may be located in a home office.**
- JD required.
- Minimum of six years of experience working as a privacy and data security/protection lawyer or privacy or data protection compliance professional in a law firm or inhouse.
- Expertise in a broad spectrum of privacy, data security, and data protection matters within the US, Canada, EU, APAC, and/or Latin American regions including:
- data privacy and protection laws;
- a deep understanding of the regulatory environment and practice as it relates to privacy and data security/ protection;
- development and implementation of privacy and information management and compliance programs, policies and procedures, and training programs that address compliance with laws, including crossborder compliance;
- privacy, security, and data protection aspects of crossborder transactions, including in the M&A, outsourcing, and other commercial contracting contexts.
- regulatory investigations, enforcement actions and litigation within the region.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm and inhouse counsel and the legal market.
- English fluency, and a passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English;
- strong technical drafting skills; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to submit a writing sample.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.To learn more about what we offer, please visit .More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America;Washington-District of Columbia-United States of America;Washington, DC-District of Columbia-United States of America
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.