FOX Payroll Services Freelance Assignment Desk Editor in New York, New York
Freelance Assignment Desk Editor (R10002400)
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Channel
Fox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
Fox News is looking for a highly motivated and pro-active Freelance Assignment Desk Editor to join our Assignment Desk at our headquarters in New York City. We are looking for individuals with strong news judgment who can handle multiple breaking news stories in our fast-paced network newsroom environment. We work closely with field producers and line producers, as well as other Fox News units, to integrate our coverage throughout all Fox News platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building strong relationships with Assignment Desks at Fox affiliates and other news service partners
- Communicating with officials and sources for editorial information
- Monitoring both traditional & social media for breaking news stories
- Identify news video and soundbites for breaking news stories
- Finding breaking news stories and identifying where to get the latest editorial information
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A bachelor's degree and or relevant work experience 3-5 years of network or major media market newsgathering experience
- Strong editorial judgement
- A passion for current and breaking events
- Familiarity with iNews
- Understanding of tapeless workflow in a newsroom
- Knowledge of and experience covering national and regional interest breaking news stories, and coordination of field teams
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to work all shifts on all days (AM, PM, Overnight; Weekdays & Weekends)
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.