WNET Digital Content Editor, ALL ARTS - New York, NY in New York, New York
A new opportunity is available for a Digital Content Editor to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things arts-related, and a keen understanding of social media, community management and social video editing. Specific responsibilities include:
* Post content on a daily basis to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube and Snapchat, with an eye for maximum sharing and conversation
* Help ideate, produce and edit entertaining and viral social-first videos and graphics
* Work collaboratively with editorial team to brainstorm ideas
* Develop relationships on social platforms with bloggers, reporters and influencers
* Manage audience communication on social platforms, filtering questions and concerns to various departments
* Assist in tracking our success online and meeting goals set by network heads
* Occasionally participate on production shoots and events providing on-the-ground coverage for social media
* Occasionally contributes written blog posts to the ALL ARTS website
Qualified candidates will have a BA/BS or equivalent experience, preferably in Liberal Arts, Journalism, Marketing or Communications or related fields and a minimum of 1 year of experience at a media, non-profit or community organization successfully using social media to drive business goals. In addition, qualified candidates will have the following technical skills:
* 2+ years experience editing video for digital and social formats;
* Exceptional editorial skills in Adobe Premiere, After Effects and full Adobe suite;
* Knowledge of pros and cons of using various evolving platforms to track and publish to social media reach: (e.g. Simply Measured, Bit.ly, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck);
* WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Docs, Google Drive and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills and editorial judgment, the ability to craft short, compelling copy in an authentic voice that resonates with our target audiences, strong time management and organizational skills.
When applying, please include links to videos edited for native distribution on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram in your uploaded resume.
WNET is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Employer's Job# 27074826
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.