FOX Payroll Services Associate Producer/ Editor in New York, New York
Associate Producer/ Editor (R10002059)
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Channel
Fox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
Fox News is looking for an Associate Producer/ Editor to join the Network News Service. The Network News Service (NNS), an ABC, CBS, FOX News Cooperative with 556 member stations provides LIVE Breaking news (6,000 LIVE feeds in 2017) to all three Networks. While this is a Fox News position, the candidate will provide content to the Cooperative.
As the Associate Producer/ Editor you have a strong combination of editorial, operational, and logistics experience. You are able to supervise newsroom operations and editorial content, and can react effectively to live breaking news.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with partner networks and their affiliates to plan and coordinate live and breaking news coverage
- Maintain strong working relationships with partners' national and regional desks
- Edit non-linear video
- Prepare daily news coverage plans for partners
- Utilize social media to discover and track stories
- Supervise newsroom operations as required
- Assist with NNS news futures planning
- Maintain partner news standards and practices
- Support the strategic goals and mission of NNS
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum two years related experience
- Non-linear editing skills are a must
- Good editorial judgment as well as strong logistical skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and react quickly and decisively under deadline pressures
- Requires working flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Strong news writing and good customer service skills are a must
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience in broadcast or affiliate news services
- Assignment desk experience
- Knowledge of satellite and fiber transmission
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.