Hearst Communications, Inc. Associate Beauty Editor, Hearst Beauty Group in New York, New York
The Hearst Beauty Group is seeking an Associate Beauty Editor to contribute to the editorial coverage of national magazine titles including Good Housekeeping, Redbook, Womans Day, Cosmopolitan, and Seventeen Magazines. This position is an integral part of the Womens Beauty Group, responsible for producing and managing content across brands. The Beauty Editor reports to the Beauty Directors and Chief Beauty Director, and works closely with each brands team.
Were looking for someone whos obsessed with beauty, who can brainstorm fresh story ideas (including packaging) pertinent to each of the brands, research, write, and edit stories both large and small from inception to completion in the voice of the various brands, and work with the respective art and photo teams to execute visuals. The candidate should also be comfortable overseeing and editing the work of junior editors.
Exceptional ideating, writing, and editing skills are essential, as are self-motivation, a positive, can-do attitude, and the ability to work at a rapid pace and meet tight deadlines.
- Pitch, write, edit, and produce content for Hearst Beauty Group titles, including (but not limited to) Good Housekeeping, Redbook, Womans Day, Cosmopolitan, and Seventeen Magazines
- Liaise with each titles photo and art teams to produce visuals for stories
- Oversee and edit assistant and associate editors
- Represent the brands on market appointments
- 2-3 years pitching, writing and editing beauty content for national print and/or digital magazine brand
- Excellent ideating, writing, and editing skills
- A strong passion for beauty
- Proficiency in InCopy
- Bachelors degree
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO