Foote, Cone & Belding Associate Editor (Copyediting) - Area23 in New York City, New York
Position designed to provide training and acclimation of entry-level editor to editorial role and responsibilities in a pharma agency environment. Begins with no discrete account assignments, support (largely proofreading) is provided to Editors/Senior Editors until Associate Editor is fully attuned to process and expectations. With satisfactory performance small account assignments are eventually delegated, and continued positive performance should ultimately lead to comprehensive Editorial role. Starting hours may be day (9am-5pm), swing (12pm-8pm), or second shift (4pm-12am) depending on agency need.
* Assists Editors/Senior Editors with proofreading tasks
o Full reads at key stages (eg, mechanical, first dev round, printers proofs)
o Correction checks/slugs
* Performs cold reads at discretion of Editorial Manager
* Functions as Editor on assigned brands when baseline training is completed
* Composes EOD report for day/night staff
* Works with immediate supervisor and Editorial Director to become fully conversant with agency process and best practices
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Some knowledge of medical terminology and AMA style desirable
* Competency in current and relevant computer-related technologies and applications (Adobe Acrobat Pro, electronic routing platforms, etc)
* Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent experience required
* 0-1 years of proofreading/editing/related experience in an agency or similar environment
Note that position may entail work beyond hours specified, including after hours or weekends, as needed or directed.
All candidates must complete a brief proofreading test on site in conjunction with interview and, depending on level of experience, a copyediting test.
FOR U.S. JOB SEEKERS
It is the policy of FCB and any of its affiliates to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.
Employer's Job# 180000P9
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.