Lincoln Journal Star Design Center Editor in Munster, Indiana
Position at Lee Design Center - Munster
Design Center Editor
Lee Enterprises' Design Center seeks a proven leader to oversee the news presentation operations for the company. The Editor will play a vital role on the corporate senior management team, which determines short- and long-term strategy and implements the tactics necessary to grow the business.
Our design staff works with the belief that good content drives readership. The ideal candidate for this position will know how to practice great journalism to develop creative, effective story packages and how to coach, mentor and develop an enthusiastic and energetic staff to create a consistently compelling story-telling and reading experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and maintain quality standards of design, layout and overall news presentation for all daily and weekly publications.
- Supervise hiring, training and development of Design Center management and staff.
- Interface with publishers and editors in our local news organizations to ensure high standards are maintained in all aspects of publishing.
- Develop innovative tools and strategic initiatives to improve quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Provide regular internal and external feedback on overall operational performance.
- Champion company-wide initiatives and help facilitate communication between enterprises and newsrooms..
A qualified candidate would have the opportunity to work from either our Madison, Wisconsin, or Chicagoland office (Munster, IN) and have at least 10 years of newsroom management experience; the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; and is experienced in presentation and content planning and publishing. Candidates also must display a strong instinct for problem solving; an assertive, deadline-minded work ethic; and a passion for news.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.lee.net/careers/opportunities.
Lee Enterprises is a leading media organization providing local news and information, and a major platform for advertising, in its markets, with 46 daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 300 specialty publications in 22 states. For more information about Lee, visit www.lee.net.