Lincoln Journal Star Deputy National Editor-Sports in Munster, Indiana
Position at Lee Design Center - Munster
Deputy National Editor-Sports
LEE NATIONAL DESK
Lee Enterprises has created a corporate National Desk to manage national and international news, shared content opportunities and various company-wide content projects with a single goal in mind: To enhance audience experience in all of our news markets throughout the country. We are seeking a Deputy National Editor focused on Sports to either our Munster, Indiana or Madison, Wisconsin locations.
We’re looking to add an experienced editor to the department’s senior leadership team who has:
- Crazy-good news judgment and a deep knowledge of national and international, high-profile sports.
- Lightning-quick content reflexes.
- The ability to improve already-strong wire service content.
- Savvy communication skills to work with top editors in all of our markets.
- The ability to hit a sports curveball late in the print cycle, ensuring all of our markets get the latest and best news into their daily print products.
- Nerves of steel and a sense of calmness.
- The planning skills to help our news organizations prepare their readers for the Super Bowl, the Olympics, the World Cup and the regular and postseasons of all professional sports leagues.
- A creative vision to help us pull off some bold companywide content projects.
- A “one-typo-is-too-many” attitude, because we’re shooting for perfection every day (our readers deserve it!).
- Incredible confidence, because you’ll be making news decisions for more than 40 news organizations every time you work.
- The inner strength and support network to realize that your weekend is whenever you’re off. This opportunity demands you’re available to work flexible shifts. Sometimes, you’ll work during the day planning a companywide sports preview package. Other times, you’ll lead the charge with our companywide Major League Baseball page at night. Today’s sports news cycle doesn’t stop at 5 p.m., and it certainly doesn’t take a break for Santa, the Super Bowl or an episode of “The Walking Dead” (because that’s what DVRs and Hulu are for).
- Extensive experience working with national and international sports by utilizing wire services and local sports desks.
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to take the next step in your journalism career, and you’re willing to relocate to Madison, Wisconsin, or Indiana’s Chicagoland area apply online at www.lee.net/careers/opportunities. Please send a cover letter, resume and your best editing and headline clips.
Lee Enterprises is a leading media organization providing local news and information, and a major platform for advertising, in its markets, with 46 daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 300 specialty publications in 22 states. For more information about Lee, visit www.lee.net.