Northrop Grumman Technical Editor and Writer 3/4 (mid/sr) in McLean, Virginia
Technical Editor and Writer 3/4 (mid/sr)
Requisition ID: 18008643
Location(s): United States-Virginia-McLean
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a senior to mid-level professional Technical Writer and Editor to join the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Team. The CDM program is a DHS-managed approach to fortifying the cybersecurity of government networks and systems. CDM provides federal departments and agencies with capabilities and tools that identify cybersecurity risks on an ongoing basis, prioritize these risks based upon potential impacts, and enable cybersecurity personnel to mitigate the most significant problems first.
This role includes the following:
• Coordinate with the engineering team and project management teams to prescribe, write and edit program documents and deliverables; technical installation guides, architecture and design documentation and project management deliverables
• Manage the schedule associated with program deliverables; coordinate and integrate customer feedback
• May be called upon to lead technical writing and editing efforts within the project
This role is expected to be 25% at customer sites in the Washington DC metro area.
This requisition may be filled at a level 3 or 4. To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
Level 3 - BS degree with 6 years of relevant experience, Masters degree and 4 years of experience, 4 years of additional related experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelors degree.
Level 4 - BS degree with 10 years of relevant experience, Masters degree and 4 years of experience, 4 years of additional related experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelors degree.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• At least 4 years of experience in writing and editing technical documentation and written deliverables
• At least 2 years of experience in managing technical documentation processes and procedures for systems integration solutions
• Proven success in problem analysis and resolution
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrate strong attention to detail; proven ability to define and execute written
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a large-scale Agile environment
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS suitability EOD (US Citizenship required)
• Ability to travel up to 25% to customer sites in the Washington DC metro area
• Understanding of federal cyber security governance, best practices and enterprise-wide solution implementations
• Experience with NIST Risk Management Framework and DHS SELC
• At least two years leading technical resources and teams
• Experience working with Security Authorization requirements, developing and enhancing the security risk posture, and analysis and reporting of IT security metrics
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Technical Editor and Writer 3/4 (mid/sr)
Requisition ID: 18008643