NBC Universal Consumer & Health Editor, CNBC.com in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Job Number 37030BR
Job Title Consumer & Health Editor, CNBC.com
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC Digital
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Country United States
State New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
• 5+ years of experience as a writer and/or editor including the ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Reporting and/or editing experience should include general corporate news or experience with coverage of one or more of the following industries: retail, consumer products, food and beverage, restaurants, automotive, airlines and transportation, and/or health care, preferred.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends when necessary.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills as well as excellent news judgment.
• Proven ability to edit and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced news environment.
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about internet story-telling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Web production experience a strong plus.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
• Knowledge of television production process helpful.