Rose International INC Attorney/Legal Editor in Eagan, Minnesota
Position Title: Attorney/Legal Editor
Position Number: 281190
Location: Eagan, MN
Desired Skill Set:
Attorney, Editing, Juris Doctor, Lawyer, Legal Editing, Westlaw
*C2C IS NOT ALLOWED*
“Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates,” WESTLAW, LEGAL EDITING, LAWYER, JURIS DOCTOR, EDITING, ATTORNEY,”
Position: Part Time Legal Editor – 25 hours/week
Duration: 8 Months (End of 2018)
Location: Eagan, MN 55123
The Practical Law business within our client is looking for temporary contractors with experience working at small law firms to write and edit practical guidance for lawyers at small law firms, including firm and practice management resources.
Contractors will be part-time (20-25 hours/week) and will be expected to work out of our Eagan, MN, office at least 1-2 afternoons per week.
Practical Law is looking for temporary contractors to work on documents to publish with our online services. Each contractor will:
• Work with editors from various practice areas to create checklists, practice notes, standard clauses, or standard documents for the small law firm market.
• Provide substantive editorial expertise for additional tasks and projects across Editorial.
• Edit content into Practical Law''s house style and plain English.
• Work on projects related to small law firm practice and firm management and other product development initiatives.
• Improve Practical Law resources by approaching them using a customer/user experience lens.
• Ensure the consistently superior quality of all content produced.
• Maintain and manage internal processes, databases, and folders.
Ideal candidates will possess:
• A good understanding of the needs and priorities of generalist small law firm attorneys and the legal market in general.
• Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
• Strong communication skills. Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
• A J.D. degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
• At least two years'' experience working as an attorney in a small law firm.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, including:
• close attention to detail;
• good command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
• ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
• Knowledge of Practical Law style is a plus.
• Experience of both client''s editorial processes, tools, platforms and operations preferred.
• Experience in Legal editorial roles desired.
Candidates selected to advance will be required to submit a writing sample.#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)