NES Associates, LLC EITS Technical Writer/Editor in Denver, Colorado
Successful candidate will assist in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of user manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, ad reports.
Edit functional descriptions, system specifications, user manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverable and documents.
Prepares and edits documentation incorporating information provided by the user, specialist, analyst, architect, engineer, and management personnel.
Responsible for, but not limited to: writing, edition, and graphics presentation of technical information for both technical and non-technical personnel. Interprets technical documentation standards and prepares documentation accordingly.
Specific duties to include, but not limited to:
- Edits proposals for readability and technical accuracy.
- Reviews proposals for consistent formatting and RFP compliance. Uses full Microsoft Word capabilities to save space in the document, create a table of contents, arrange graphics, manage styles, and fix any formatting issues.
- Attends status meetings with the proposal team; keeps in close communication with the proposal manager.
- Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as procedure manuals, etc.
- Edits technical documents such as Implementation Plans, Solution Descriptions, and Standard Change documents.
- Talks to members of the technical team to gain understanding about procedures/tools, and translates the information into lay language.
- Interprets technical documentation standards and prepares documentation accordingly.
- Manages the preparation of multiple contract deliverables by updating templates, re-formatting new inputs, and keeping track of deadlines.
- Ensures deliverables are on schedule.
- Records meeting minutes for Technical Solution Reviews.
- Attends regular business development meetings.
- Reviews and resolves Process Change Requests.
- Updates the PIID with new/removed/changed artifacts, and creates links to the Process Asset Library to track those artifacts. Documents these changes.
- Creates and/or updates office signage, logs, and charts.
- Orders office supplies and keeps inventory.
- Acts as Site Emergency Manager; creates evacuation plans, site maps, and emergency plans for the office.
- Creates job listings on Indeed and Silk Road.
- Assists the recruiting team by following up with applicants.
- Attends regular staffing meetings with division/program managers.
Interim or active DoD Secret clearance (company may sponsor submission for the right candidate)
- Technical understanding, e.g. networks, cyber security, information assurance
- Able to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Able to thrive in a self-directed and flexible work environment with quickly evolving requirements and rapidly changing project needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with DISA and/or the DoD
- Familiarity with Cloud Services Provider (CSP) documentation and requirements
College graduate – all degrees considered
Current CompTIA Sec+ preferred
Full-Time/Regular with a 90 day evaluation period
Annapolis Junction, MD
Tracking Code: 1622-677
Job Location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular