Entercom Communications Video Shooter and Editor in Chicago, Illinois
Video Shooter and Editor Apply
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom Radio-Chicago is looking for a motivated, self-starting Video Shooter & Editor to join their team in a full-time freelance capacity with the STRONG desire to turn full-time. We are looking for someone who wants to apply their passion and creativity to marketing, new business and branding projects for our clients, multiple radio stations (B96, US99, 670 The Score, WBBM, XRT, Jams), Culinary Studio and our Blue Cross Blue Shield Performance Stage.
The ideal candidate will be a one-stop-shop: a creative storyteller, responsible for creating effective, dynamic and well-executed videos. Videos range from sizzle reels to
in-person interviews, branded entertainment, series formats and explainers to social media content. The video Shooter & Editor will develop videos that will be used across a range of platforms (social media, on-screen, online, app, internal broadcast).
• Must demonstrate in-depth, working knowledge of industry-standard multimedia production technology, including software and hardware.
• Must demonstrate sophisticated aesthetic, technical skill and knowledge of current media trends.
• Must be highly motivated, and able to work well alone and as part of a team.
• Familiarity with professional video production procedures, practices, techniques, and terminology.
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple, concurrent projects, with varying production timelines.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills.
• Proficient camera operator.
• Proficient in setup of field and studio lighting for single and multi-camera shoots.
• Proficient with audio recording and monitoring equipment.
• Proficient in video ingest and logging process, transcoding and various video codecs, formats and standards.
• Proficient in audio editing, music editing, mixing and mastering.
• Proficient in non-linear video editing (experienced with a variety of software).
• Organize and edit footage for post-production as well as archiving.
• Ability to direct and coach on-camera talent.
• Be equally comfortable producing editorially driven and sponsored videos and series.
• Be comfortable producing your own stories as well as finishing stories that others have produced or shot.
• Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite: Premier, Media Encoder, Photoshop, After Effects.
• Experience with audio recording and editing software (ProTools, Apple Soundtrack Pro, Adobe Audition, Apple Logic Pro)
• Experienced with various software and standards for video encoding, authoring and output for distribution to various formats, including DVD and web-distribution.
• Make recommendations for the buildout of the in-house studio and propose equipment that could enhance the production of videos.
• Collaborate with production teammates (animators, graphic designers, audio engineers, web developers, and creative directors and producers) to incorporate multimedia elements into video products.
• A keen eye for brand and style guidelines and how that translates to video and motion
• Works well in a fast-paced environment, managing time effectively.
• Ability to meet or exceed deadlines.
· Demo reel review is required for submission.
· BFA in Video or Film or related discipline.
· 3-5 years of editing & shooting experience at an agency or publication or an incredible, knock-your-socks-off reel & portfolio.
· Proficient with Premiere Pro.
· Professional with an ability to have fun while working hard.
It is the continuing policy of Entercom Communications Corp. to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, national origin, age or physical or mental disability, veteran or disabled veteran status, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. We solicit assistance on these openings and future openings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability.