RELX Group Senior Editor in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
We are looking for a biomedical research scientist and/or research clinician to join the EBioMedicine editorial team as a full-time, in-house, Senior Editor. As a member of our international team, you would be responsible for a broad range of contributions to the journal, including recruiting exciting studies; reading and evaluating submitted research papers; selecting and collaborating with referees; identifying timely, emerging topics to commission for review articles; writing editorials on specific biomedical topics that align with the mission of EBioMedicine; and promotion of our content online and through social media.
The job also entails traveling to conferences and research institutions where you will directly interact with the scientific community and hear about cutting-edge research developments. This is an exciting opportunity to be engaged in shaping and guiding the leading edge of biomedical and translational research, as well as an opportunity to facilitate the process of scientific discourse and communication between both basic and clinical researchers.
This full-time position is based in Cambridge, MA within the Cell Press offices at Kendall Square.
Your responsibilities will include:
• assessing submitted research papers across all areas of biomedical research
• selecting and collaborating with referees
• recruiting exciting papers within the scientific scope of the journal
• commissioning and editing Commentaries and Reviews
• writing topical Editorials
• regular travel, both domestic and overseas, to scientific conferences and research institutions
• A strong interest in advancing EBioMedicine’s mission of facilitating communication between basic and clinical researchers
• A Ph.D. and/or M.D. with a research background in any area of biomedical science
• Postdoctoral and/or editorial experience would be an advantage
• Ability to think critically about a wide range of scientific, biomedical, and translational research issues
• Strong communication skills
• Interest in engaging with the scientific and clinical research communities
• Talent for distilling complex concepts and communicating them clearly
• The ability to work well in diverse team settings
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.
Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.