CALIBRE Writer/Editor Intern in Alexandria, Virginia
CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Services company, is looking for a Writer/Editor Intern to assist with writing and editing in support of Federal proposals, marketing collateral, and other business development deliverables. A successful candidate will possess strong skills with using a variety of source materials to develop clear and compelling writing that addresses a set of specific requirements. This includes tailoring pre-existing content, as well as conducting interviews and/or research to obtain the information needed to create new material. A successful candidate will also possess expert-level skill with grammar, spelling, and standard style conventions and superior attention to detail. He or she will be a member of a team that works closely with other team members, and must be able to work on multiple projects at a time.
We are looking to fill a position available Summer 2018 (applicants must be going into their junior or senior year during Fall of 2018)
- Strong attention to detail;
- Expert-level grasp of grammar, spelling, and standard style conventions (e.g., APA, MLA, Chicago, GPO);
- Ability to develop written material based on pre-existing content or based on research and/or interviews;
- Ability to communicate effectively and to maintain good relationships and work effectively with other team members;
- Ability to manage schedule and workload to successfully work multiple projects simultaneously;
- Current and direct experience in and demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.) without instruction.
Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and will enter their junior or senior year in the Fall of 2018. Prefer candidates pursuing a degree in English; however, other education, commensurate experience, and demonstrated ability of individual may be substituted.
CALIBRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team!
Tracking Code: BD 2359-585
Job Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular