Hearst Television Editor in Winston Salem, North Carolina
WXII in Winston-Salem, NC has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking an editor to edit newscasts. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to edit in Adobe Premiere. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, NBC and CNN platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
- Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
- Maintain news archives.
- Operate electronic newsgathering equipment.
- Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
- Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
- Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
- Maintaining standards for all edited material.
- Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
- Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
- Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
- Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
- Ability to edit on non- linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, Avid and Edius.
- Must be able to handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of current television production techniques.
- Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
- Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
- Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
- Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
- Possess a valid drivers’ license and good driving record.
- High School Diploma.
- Some college or technical school preferred or equivalent work experience
- Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.* *
Job ID: 2257
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Job Category: News
Location: Winston-Salem, NC US
Station Name: WXII-TV