PAC Solutions LLC Writer/Editor/Documentation Specialist in Washington, District Of Columbia
The Writer/Editor/Documentation Specialists main job is to create and manage documents. This can include documenting processes, projects and procedures using a number of mediums. It can also include collecting documents from a number of stakeholders and consolidating them into one usable file or document.
- Composes content based on information provided by subject matter experts and policies.
- Establishes, updates and maintains formalized procedures and workflows that define procedures as required.
- Proofs content such as user guides and content to ensure formatting is consistent.
- Produces deliverables required by the contract, including project plans, work plans, processes and procedures.
- Establishes process descriptions, user manuals, technical and training documents.
- Posting documents to portal web management system (e.g. SharePoint).
- Follows up and keeps department staff informed regarding status and timely completion of department projects.
- Interacts with internal and external sources necessary to successfully complete assignments.
- Performs clerical typing duties to generate documents as necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent to an Information System related degree, or, Bachelor's Degree in English with 2 years of relevant work experience; years of relevant experience may substitute for a college degree using a one to one year equivalent beyond high school.
- Must work independently and possess excellent organization and people skills.
- Must be fluent in the English language and have demonstrated ability to communicate, timely effectively and accurately with all levels of personnel both orally and in writing.
- Two (2) years of experience analyzing and documenting processes and procedures.
- Advance experience with Microsoft Office (2010 or above), Word, Visio, Adobe Professional and Excel.
- Intermediate experience with SharePoint (i.e. knowledge and developer).
- Intermediate experience creating and using style sheers, templates; use of table of contents, headers, footers, indexing using Microsoft Word 2010 or above.
- Demonstrate intermediate experience to create basic and complex diagrams using Visio 2003 or above.
- Familiar with Microsoft Project 2010 or above.
- Experience communicating complex concepts to novice and intermediate audiences.
- Experience with records management requirements necessary for archiving and retrieving information and versioning techniques.
Founded May 2006
First commercial contract awarded May 2006
First government contract awarded August 2006
Our Core Capabilities include:
Software Compatibility Testing and Analysis
Software Analysis Services
Application Portfolio Management
Program Management Services
Application Testing, Management and Tech Refresh