American University Coordinator, Digital Event Publishing in Washington, District Of Columbia
The Coordinator, Digital Event Publishing is primarily responsible for enhancing digital media promotion of University events through managing, testing and developing the integrated publishing application (Publisher) of the University space scheduling system (25Live). Additional responsibilities include analysis, deployment and testing of the publishing application interfaces and integrations with external systems and applications, such as the University’s Web Content Management System (CMS), Web Portal, SharePoint and Four Winds Interactive; education outreach and training, including documentation, training materials; analyzing and facilitating efficiency and consistency for user groups’ business processes, policies, procedures, and methods; quantifying data from user groups to inform future design and development. In addition, the incumbent provides daily direction to student scheduling assistants, and assists in management of the digital media presence of University Scheduling.
Bachelor’s degree required.
- One year of technical experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work effectively with diverse constituencies and across administrative lines
- Good organizational, communication, and customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and knowledge and ability with various computer software applications
- Experience and working knowledge of Series25 Publisher application and calendar management for a broad group of users
- Experience with Webservices, Common Spot and SharePoint
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Position Number: 13321
Open Date: 6/12/2017
Department: University Center
Salary Range: $22.00 - $24.00/hr
Band: Coordinator/Analyst B
Work Hours per Week: 35-Non-Exempt
Position Type: Full-time Staff