Crain Communications Inc. Special Projects Editor in United States
InvestmentNews, the preeminent source of news and information for financial advisers, is seeking a creative and detail-oriented Special Projects Editor to help expand our fast-growing franchise of editorial-based projects that grow and engage our core audience and generate revenue. The role involves developing concepts for, and working with our editorial team to produce supplements, newsletters, events and print and online features that may be tied to award-recognition programs. The person in this role will be expected to act as a liaison between our editorial, sales and marketing teams to ensure that all stakeholders are working in sync. This position will report the editor.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Special projects:Develop new editorial initiatives and oversee existing ones, including:
- 40 Under 40
- Women to Watch
- Icons and Innovators
- Best Places to Work
- Editorial supplements:Manage all print supplements (formulate ideas, assign stories, edit material, work with art department and freelancers to produce supplements).
- Assist in the deployment of editorial newsletters
- Program editorial webcasts, roundtables and conferences
- Editing editorial content, including daily web stories, features and content related to special projects.
- 5+ years of experience as an Editor.
- Track record to motivate reporters and other staff members in news room.
- Superb editing skills.
- Excellent editorial judgment. Ability to recognize when a potential piece is problematic and needs to be reworked or rejected.
- Outstanding ability to delegate tasks and enforce deadlines.
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple large projects at the same time and keep teams with varied responsibilities on track.
- 4-year degree required.
- Prior project management experience.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with creating and overseeing special reports.
- Ability to think outside of the box and offer new ideas for big projects.
- Online experience, including content management systems.
- Great interpersonal skills to interact with heavy hitters from the financial services industry.
- Familiarity with Smartsheet.
InvestmentNewsis the leading news source for financial advisers. The publication reports on developments that affect the business of financial advisers, including news of industry trends and competition, legislation, people, products, suppliers and technology. InvestmentNews also covers the economy, retirement issues, taxes, estate planning and investments including mutual funds, equities, bonds, alternatives and real estate. In addition to news, InvestmentNews hosts dozens of webcasts, conferences and roundtables throughout the year, bringing together financial advisers with key industry experts. Topics are industry-specific, developed specifically for financial advisers, and designed to help guide them with the best way to grow their practices.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor
Requisition Number: 17-0160
Post Date: 7/5/2017
Title: Special Projects Editor
Employment Type: Full Time Regular
City: New York