Macmillan Content Editor (Contractor) in United States
Content Editor (Contractor)
This is a contracted position; the successful candidate will be employed by Headway Workforce Solutions working at our Downtown Austin, TX office.
Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, Macmillan Learning facilitates teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored
solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Our commitment to teaching and discovery upholds our mission to improve lives through learning. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences
— race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace.
As part of the Content QA team, the Contract Content Editor position supports the development of new products across STEM disciplines. The Content QA team supports products by working to develop consistent writing and authoring practices across products and
authoring engines, maintaining Sapling Learning manuals and style guides, and training new authors to write effective online homework questions and feedback in Sapling Learning’s proprietary authoring software.
• Review homework questions and provide feedback on formatting, functionality, grammar, pedagogy, and clarity of questions.
• Subject-matter expertise is not required, as these questions will be reviewed by a subject-matter expert after the functional review is complete. However, a preference will be given to candidates with a science or math background.
• Respond to general copyediting and style queries on a variety of Sapling Learning materials.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Candidate must have an excellent attention to detail.
• Candidate must have strong communication skills for in-person, email, telephone, and/or online sessions with individuals and/or groups.
• Candidate must be able to receive and deliver feedback in a constructive and professional fashion.
• Candidate must manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities efficiently.
• Candidate must be able to analyze and resolve situations/issues quickly and effectively.
• Candidate must have good understanding of digital technology and software, though programming experience is not required.
• Candidates should have proficient use of Google docs, sheets, and email.
• Familiarity with HTML and/or LaTeX is a plus, but not required.
• Candidates must have experience reviewing content against a style guide or manual.
• Experience in education and/or working with educational materials preferred.
• Experience working with science and/or math content preferred.
Educational Background Required:
Bachelor’s Degree (any subject) required. Degree or coursework in science or math preferred.