Scholastic Scholastic Library Publishing Superviosr in St. Charles, Illinois
Scholastic Library Publishing Superviosr
St. Charles, Illinois, United States at https://scholastic.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/902/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Jun 06, 2017Post Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Scholastic, Inc. St. Charles, IL. Inside Sales Library Team Manager
Scholastic Library Products: SLP print, Grolier Online, TrueFlix, Freedom Flix, Science Flix BookFlix, Weston Woods and Family and Community Engagement Paperbacks
Objective: Manage a team of Inside Sales Representatives in order to achieve divisional goals
*The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving production goals for a staff of 10 - 15 Print/Digital Sales Representatives in the public library, school library, and large account specialist teams.
*Utilize selling and management skills by planning objectives and action steps to achieve Print/Digital Team budget.
*This includes managing employee schedules to run budgeted calling hours, maintain benefit day ratio, and training hour’s allocations.
*Plan sales campaigns to achieve targeted product revenue. This includes data analysis of market penetration by school type, customer type, funding opportunities, and past buying history.
Provide on-going employee development through coaching and monitoring to ensure staff members are achieving full potential and achieving sales goals. This includes identifying “Customer Gap Objections” and coaching staff on overcoming objections and buying obstacles to increase closing ratios.
Meet/exceed renewal goals in the public library market
Build/encourage digital/print referral process
Evaluate sales campaigns and make product recommendations for enhancements based on evaluation of sales data and employee feedback.
Identify New Sales and Marketing opportunities based on evaluation of sales calls, data, and employee feedback.
Develop marketing materials “as needed” to address objections or marketing trends to address customer questions and increase team sales performance.
*Use the TARDIS and Sales Support System to track individual employee performance to identify at-risk, on target, and over goal achievers. Develop a personal interaction plan to support each person’s needs and sales type to ensure continued growth and success.
- Responsible for creating/maintaining web chat scripts
• Stays updated on the Educational Marketplace especially as it relates to the public and school library market and impart this knowledge to the sales team.
• Demonstrate in-depth Product Knowledge that reflects our products competitive strengths and market benefits to our customer base.
• Implement company policies in a fair and equitable manner including performance evaluations, disciplinary warnings/termination.
• Ensure the team is adhering to payroll policies and guidelines.
• Maintain high employee morale through performance feedback, coaching, implementation of daily, weekly, and or monthly sales contests.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Proven sales track record within the educational market place; a minimum of 2-years of sales in the publishing industry
• Ability to develop sales and marketing plans
• Ability to conduct data analysis report analysis
• Proven Leadership skills; preferably pervious Supervisor or Management Experience in the Publishing industry.
• Ability to develop a strong sales team and to work with individuals of various sales abilities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Webex, etc.
• Works independently, multi-tasking skills and flexible
• Excellent organization skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran.
Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination. To view the full EOE policy, click here at http://www.scholastic.com/aboutscholastic/files/EEO-is-the-Law-Poster-English.pdf .