BlackBerry Corporation Content Marketing Editor in San Ramon, California
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
BlackBerry’s content marketing team is hiring a content editor to write and edit BlackBerry’s presence across a wide variety of corporate material including our popular corporate blog, byline articles, press releases, e-books, and more. This role will also assist with speeches and will write across a wide variety of corporate content.
We are seeking candidates with at least 4+ years of experience as a journalist, editor, marketing writer to join a small, hard-working team with broad skills, an agile, DIY mindset, and the eagerness to have a massive impact and tell the story of the new BlackBerry: a leading provider of software solutions that secure, connect and mobilize the Enterprise of Things.
- Write, edit and post blogs, executive byline articles, e-books and related content
- Curate and edit content for content amplification and syndication
- Collaborate closely with PR and digital marketing teams, as well as other stakeholders in product marketing and management
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, creative writing, or related field
- 4+ years of experience as a journalist, editor, marketing writer or related field
- Strong, witty writer and editor
- Knowledge of Associated Press style
- Experience in online blog publishing such as WordPress and Medium
- Solid understanding of enterprise software industry
- Strong interpersonal, multi-tasking and organization skills, a collaborative nature, and the ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- Self-starter with a DIY mentality and grace under (deadline) pressure
- Technology experience, especially in the enterprise/B2B space
Job Family Group Name: Marketing & Communications
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled