BlackRock Front End Developer / Publisher in San Francisco, California
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The Web Tools and Technology (WTT) team is responsible for delivering BlackRock’s online presence, including websites and investor tools, and driving the overall digital user experience for the company, focusing on six areas: Institutional client sites, core platform, product information, fund data, marketing & retail sites, and web tools.
The successful candidate will be involved in all front-end aspects of developing and maintaining BlackRock’s Global web sites and applications, from requirements definition and functional design to project planning, technical design and implementation. The focus of this role will be on creation of web experiences that combine CMS components with free-form (HTML, JS) code to engage, inform and compel our clients to consider our products and services.
Candidates should have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts. They should be able to build relationships, actively participate in team work and understand the dynamics of a global business environment. Attention to detail and creativity in problem solving are critical skills.
- Work as a front-end web developer with server-side developers, test engineers, project managers, technical leads, business owners and analysts through the whole SDLC, understanding and refining front-end and user interface requirements, designing and writing code, clearly documenting the development process..
- Provide expert-level publishing services, through the company’s CMS, to support new and updated web content and marketing campaign landing pages.
- Stay abreast of the new front-end web development technologies; integrate them with BlackRock’s web sites to further enhance the usability and efficiency of the sites as necessary.
- 6 years of hands-on experience in developing pixel perfect CSS driven, table-less HTML for all new projects, following development standards and templates as well as industry best practices
- Experience on frameworks like Angular, React, Node.js, Typescript preferred
- Significant experience with TeamSite, its workflows and publishing tools, strongly preferred
- Experience with responsive web development, mobile and video technologies a strong plus.
- Work closely with user-experience and design team to review visual designs
- Develop and maintain development friendly, valid client-side code for implementation on the all projects
- Strong working knowledge of all current graphic web-design applications
- Working knowledge and experience of HTML 5 and CSS 3 a plus
- Working knowledge of SDLC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with global project teams spread across several time zones
- Strong teamwork, communication and time management abilities a must
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Job Function: Technology
Organization: APG-Sales & Distribution Systems
Title: Front End Developer / Publisher
Primary Location: Americas-United States-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 171539
Job Posting: Jun 9, 2017, 11:00:00 PM