Bloomberg Assignment Desk Editor in San Francisco, California
Job Requisition Number: 59377
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Television/Radio is seeking a highly motivated, hard-working news editor to join the U.S. News Desk. Working across latter end of our U.S. broadcast day, this is a pivotal role in the newsroom, requiring a collaborative attitude and global perspective. The successful applicant will be passionate about business and financial news, demonstrate excellent editorial judgment, organizational and communication skills and have keen attention to detail.
We’ll trust you to:
- React to breaking news, allocating and reallocating resource as necessary.
- Be a strong editorial voice, providing guidance and support to our live TV and radio broadcasts across multiple regions.
- Communicate with global editorial, production staff, on-air talent and colleagues from across Bloomberg's editorial platforms.
- Direct video editing and curate content to ensure we maximize the impact of our content around the world.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Recent and relevant live TV newsroom producing and editorial experience in business and financial news, including control room show elements
- Prior TV assignment desk experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Knowledge of financial markets and business news
- Strong editorial judgment and ability to work under deadline pressure
- Flexibility with hours
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. Well get in touch with you to let you know the next steps- but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloombergmedia.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.