CALIBRE Technical Writer/Editor in Rockville, Maryland
The Technical Writer/Editor position will support one of our NIH clients in Rockville, Maryland and shall provide a broad spectrum of documentation. The documentation could consist of creating technical meeting notes, policies, procedures, presentations, reports, user manuals, functional descriptions, system specifications, and assist with some Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A;) documentation, as needed.
The Technical Writer/Editor shall develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and project management ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and regulations.
The Technical Writer/Editor position has the following responsibilities:
- Documenting in-house development and IT initiatives by translating technical jargon into a narrative more easily understood by non-IT professionals.
- Documenting all technical facets of the organizations including Application Development, Networking, System Engineering, Security Operations, Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A;).
- Supporting SCRUM development teams with technical writing tasks. The tasks include creating and maintaining documentation, including but not limited business case, functional specifications, user manuals, technical manuals, systems architecture and workflow diagrams Develop System Information Form (SIF) to facilitate system Certification and Accreditation (C&A;)/Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A;).
- Facilitating the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Working with subject matter experts (SMEs), Technical teams (Developers, Security Operations, and Systems Engineers) to create and maintain SOPs.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- High proficiency in using a variety of Microsoft office tools (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) to create and maintain professional technical documentation/diagrams.
- Familiar with Adobe and screen capture (e.g., Snagit) tools.
- Working on system security Certification and Accreditation (C&A;)/Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A;).
- Making documents meet accessible/Section 508 guidelines.
- Working at National Institute of Health (NIH) either at enterprise level or at Institutes/Centers.
- Provide a writing sample upon request.
CALIBRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team!
Tracking Code: HLS 2164-585
Job Location: Rockville, Maryland, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular