Northrop Grumman Technical Editor / Writer 2 in Quantico, Virginia
Technical Editor / Writer 2
Requisition ID: 17015500
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Quantico
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our Team as a Technical Writer. This position is located in Quantico, VA. The Technical Writer will support the Senior Cyber Security Manager within DSS Cyber Network Defense (CND) unit.
A Technical Writer will write technical articles, publications, presentations, and other materials to communicate clearly and effectively research findings, technical developments, and other news and information to a wide range of external audiences. Interprets and administers documentation/ communication policies and procedures.
Advise writers and researchers in matters of style, syntax, and usage to improve the general quality and effectiveness of communications. Exercises quality control over documents intended for external distribution.
A successful candidate possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics
• Responsible for developing, drafting, writing and editing technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, software requirement specifications, system design documents, security plans, process flows, CM, or other related technical documents in support of a client’s requirements.
• Responsible for preparing and/or maintaining systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods, including user reference manuals.
• Collaborate with other contractors and government personnel assigned to the project.
• Produce stoplight chart and other reports to grade the maturity of the existing program documents
• Provide Gap Assessment/ Needs Assessment to estimate what is necessary to meet the agreed upon documentation processes, templates, requirements, acceptance criteria, and ongoing maintenance / QA .
• Interface with DOD authorities to coordinate security white lists, etc.
• Support the certification and accreditation for DSS web applications.
• 3 years of experience with Bachelor’s Degree (1 year with Masters). May accept four (4) additional years of industry experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s degree
• Wide knowledge of technical documentation including but not limited to; Concept of Operations documents; CM Documentation; Software & Hardware inventories; Job Aids/Runbooks; system user guides and process flow charts, configuration manuals etc.
• Strong ability to produce policies and procedures based on engineers details
• Ability to understand and learn technical specifications, system requirements and other application design information as needed.
• Expert level knowledge of MS Office tools, especially MS Word.
• Active/current DoD Secret Clearance
• Active/current DOD TS clearance (SCI eligible)
• ITIL v3 certification
• Previous experience providing on-site consulting support for a technical project, preferably with a DoD enterprise IT environment.
• Experience performing self-assessments procedures for RMF
• Able to document RMF controls for compliance or non-compliance
• Experience developing RMF control documents to assist in performing assessments
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Technical Editor / Writer 2
Requisition ID: 17015500