JT3 TECHNICAL PUBLISHING I in Palmdale, California
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Assist in the planning, design, writing, editing and proofreading of documents such as technical manuals, reports, proposals, and correspondence and coordinate their subsequent publication.
- Edit reports, publications, proposals and correspondence to ensure clarity of content, consistency of format and accuracy of grammar.
- Responsible for quality control, production and distribution of documents in accordance with schedules.
- Apply working knowledge of technical literature and various style guides including in-depth knowledge of customer specifications and instructions regarding documentation and publication standards.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of technical manuals, assist with validation, verification, resolve discrepancies and deficiencies, and assess the accuracy and adequacy of technical manual requirements for printing.
- Utilize personal computers with integrated software packages.
- Assist in the production and distribution of documents.
- Maintain a filing system of documents and work order files for documents received for processing.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Associates degree in English, Journalism or related discipline, or completion of equivalent academic training and at least one year of job-related experience. Good written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance and possess a valid state issued driver's license.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled