Macmillan Associate Media Editor in New York
Associate Media Editor
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate
teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St.
Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, Late Nite Labs, and Hayden-McNeil. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -- race, ethnicity, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective-- in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee
of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC (“BFW”), d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative
action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources.
As part of the Macmillan Learning English team, the associate media editor manages the creation and publication of valuable multimedia materials that support teaching and learning. The associate media editor plays a significant role in supporting sales
reps, adopters, and students in the use of the materials he or she creates. The associate media editor will coordinate with the English media editorial team as well as work independently.
• Identify, hire, negotiate with, and manage freelance authors and vendors in order to assure the timely delivery of quality content and media.
• Develop content for digital products that meets high editorial standards and market needs, and ensure that content is delivered on time, within budget, and is aligned to support the needs of key texts.
• Coordinate with central media and media production to ensure the timely publication of multimedia resources and communicate regularly and effectively with all stakeholders regarding publication schedule and project status.
• Gain and supply content market knowledge through competitive reviews and analysis.
• Support sales and marketing by preparing and providing detailed content information during the marketing and sales process. Communicate with customers as needed to support products and gain market knowledge.
• Support knowledge-building across the editorial group by organizing trainings and serving as a resource for editorial colleagues.
• Attend relevant conferences, sales presentations, and company meetings in order to promote products and gather market information.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize effectively; perform well under pressure; deal well with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; develop innovative approaches and ideas; work within an approved budget; work well in group problem-solving situations; analyze the
market and competition with an eye to meeting course needs.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to form productive working relationships with authors, colleagues and customers.
• A motivated self-starter with a proven track record of problem solving, and who can set priorities, meet deadlines and work independently as well as collaboratively.
• Must bring a positive, can-do spirit to the job.
• Position is located in either Boston or New York. Off –site employees will not be considered.
• At least one year of editorial experience in college publishing. Proven record of successful project management and significant facility in MS Office applications.
• Tech savvy with a basic understanding of educational technology.
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required
This position can be based out of our New York or Boston office.