Scholastic Executive Editor, Early Childhood ELL, DLL, and Bilingual Learning in New York - SoHo, New York
Executive Editor, Early Childhood ELL, DLL, and Bilingual Learning
New York - SoHo, New York, United States at https://scholastic.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/907/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Jun 12, 2017Post Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
The Executive Editor of Early Childhood ELL, DLL, and Bilingual Learning will assist in creating innovative, research-based, developmentally appropriate learning experiences. He or she will contribute to product planning and will manage a team of content developers to bring product plans to fruition with the highest commitment to quality and efficacy.
• Working with the Senior Director, contribute and adhere to product plans including instructional models and editorial guidelines, working within established development schedules and project budgets.
• Work with program authors and consultants as needed, eliciting input, managing expectations, and building rapport and enthusiasm.
• Manage 3 editors and external freelancers and vendors as needed.
• Write, review, edit, and approve content as needed.
• Ensure content alignment to relevant research and early learning standards.
• Maintain ongoing coordination with content leads in Early Literacy & Language and Early Math & Content Areas.
• Build and maintain positive and productive working relationships with peers in art & design, production, marketing, finance, and operations departments.
• Present finished products at conferences and meetings.
• Keep current on research and trends in early childhood education and share important information with colleagues.
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 96 year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to "Open a World of Possible" for all children. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• Must be a native Spanish speaker comfortable with Latin American, primarily Mexican, vocabulary and usage.
• Must have a passion and respect for early learning, particularly in the areas of language acquisition, dual language learning, English language learning, and bilingualism and biliteracy.
• Must have 5-8 years editorial experience and excellent editing skills.
• Must have 3-5 years experience developing Early Childhood learning experiences (including experiences for children ages 3 and 4).
• Must have 3-5 years experience developing digital content.
• Must have Masters degree or higher.
• Early Childhood classroom experience is a plus.
• Must be comfortable working with Word, Excel, and custom digital production tools for content tracking and sharing.
• Must be comfortable working with off-site colleagues through conference calls, screen-sharing (e.g., gotomeeting), and file sharing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran.
Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination. To view the full EOE policy, click here at http://www.scholastic.com/aboutscholastic/files/EEO-is-the-Law-Poster-English.pdf .