Dow Jones & Co. Sr. Newsletter Editor in New York, New York
Dow Jones & Co.
Requisition ID 2017-29726
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function News/Editorial
Business Area NEWS/WSJ
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 News
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a senior editor to lead its newsletter strategy in the newsroom. The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering news and storytelling effectively to readers' inboxes, is obsessed with data and experimentation and demonstrates strong news judgment, high standards and strategic thinking.
- Develop and execute a clear editorial strategy for the Journal's newsletter products that is informed by analytics, audience insights and news judgment
- Work closely with the audience, product and commercial teams to improve existing newsletters and find opportunities to bring our journalism to new readers via email
- Create unique and habit-forming email experiences for our subscribers
- Work with reporters and editors in the newsroom to establish the appropriate tone, format and frequency of each newsletter and define editorial best practices
- Boldly experiment with new forms of alerting, storytelling and news delivery via email
- Be an advocate for newsletters and their corresponding publishing tools and a go-to resource for understanding industry trends and the competitive landscape
- Ensure newsletters are seamlessly integrated into all of our digital products
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep various teams informed of product releases, performance metrics, future rollouts and other activity with newsletter products
- Superb news judgment; a strong journalistic foundation as a reporter or editor
- At least 5 years of newsroom experience; leadership role preferred
- A demonstrated record of success in growing and engaging audiences via email
- An appreciation for The Wall Street Journal brand and its core coverage areas
- Experience leading fast-paced projects that involve journalists, developers, designers
- The ability to move projects forward in a collaborative team environment
- A strategic thinker with a passion for experimentation and a facility for data
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Applications should include a resume and cover letter.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets