Dow Jones & Co. Senior Editor in New York, New York
Dow Jones & Co.
Requisition ID 2017-29643
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Job Description:We are on a mission to define, develop, and deliver incredible solutions that delight our audiences and enable us and our partner's brands to be smarter. In doing so, we will change how we do business and how the outside world views Dow Jones. We are a unified collective of intelligent thinkers and IP builders, modern makers and agile do-ers - strategically proactive and nimbly reactive in how we work. The Solutions engine is responsible for:
- Across-the-board strategic services - for clients, our businesses and our brands
- Internal consulting & planning support
- External consulting services
- Creation of complex client solutions
- Creative and production operations & services
- DJ Custom Studios - our custom content newsroom
- DJ Event Management - our event management team
The Custom Content team is made up of 'newsroom' of storytelling experts - Dow Jones' most unique competency. Representing the highest editorial capability, the Custom Content team will provide original and creative editorial ideas and execution to our custom studio offering and beyond - including thought leadership platforms. The team will combine internal and partnered experts, and will draw the new creative production team within the Solutions Engine to scale up or scale down according to demand. Responsibilities: The Senior Editor is responsible for working within a team of marketing-oriented editors and writers in the development, creation and delivery of digital-first custom content marketing campaigns. The editorial team is responsible for the creation of content across all platforms, including but not limited to websites and digital hubs, apps, e-newsletters, magazines, newsletters, social, events, infographics, e-zines, custom surveys, video and more.As a senior editor, you will lend your journalistic skills and editorial expertise to achieve client solutions while delivering editorial excellence and best-in-class, industry-leading branded custom content.
- Lead and oversee creation of comprehensive and compelling editorial platforms and ideas for branded content programs that are digital-centric, but that can be translated across multiple channels, including print, video, mobile and tablet
- Responsible for end-to-end editorial process (ideation, creation of topics, writing, editing, fact-checking, quote releases, proofreading) with project editors and writers, as well as third-party content companies
- Collaborate with editorial team and writers in creation of standard setting, award winning content for our advertising partners
- Work with VP of Custom Content on editorial direction for key account pitch work from idea generation to executive outlines creation to final deliverables
- Lend editorial insights to develop best practices for content creation, new talent, quality control, competitive advantage, etc.
- Make certain content and integrated campaigns come in on time and on budget
- Familiarity with Wordpress and other content management systems.
- Expertise in immersive multimedia projects combining video, text, photography and infographics to tell a complete story
- Knowledge of social media tools and analytics
- Management of full-time and contingent editors/writers.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or beyond in media studies, communications, journalism and/or marketing
- 3+ years of editorial, writing/reporting and management experience
- 2+ years digital experience/creating content for digital first
- 1-2+ years client-facing experience
Company Overview:Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets