Hearst Magazines Senior Editor, Food Network Magazine in New York, New York
Food Network Magazine is looking to hire a top-notch senior editor. Responsibilities include:
• Producing and editing food and lifestyle stories for all sections of the magazine.
• Pitching timely food-trend stories.
• Developing relationships with FN talent for large features.
• Working with art department to plan packages.
• Attending food and lifestyle photo shoots.
• Building and maintaining relationships with cookbook publishers.
• Representing the FNM brand editorial on ad sales calls and in media.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or related field.
• Minimum five years professional consumer magazine experience in the food lifestyle genre, with a strong reporting background.
• Working knowledge of Adobe InCopy, Woodwing, and Microsoft Word.
• Culinary background a plus.
NOTE: Must submit a resume in .pdf format with a cover letter and a link to clips.
Hearst Magazines is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)