West Publishing Corporation Senior Editor, Enterprise and Investigations, EMEA in New York, New York
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Senior Editor, Enterprise and Investigations EMEALondon is the preferred location for this position, with New York as an alternative. We are willing to consider exceptional candidates who meet all the required skills for basing in one of our other offices.Role Summary: Reuters is looking for an accomplished editor to join its Global Enterprise Desk in London to help spearhead our narrative, explanatory and investigative journalism. The editor will be working with Reuters journalists in bureaus around the world, chiefly in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities: This isn't a job for someone new to in-depth journalism. We are looking for a highly skilled professional with a track record of helping reporters conceive and execute ambitious, original, high-impact coverage. The Reuters remit is broad - business, finance, technology, politics, war & diplomacy, social issues and more - and our enterprise editors must handle the full range of our work with skill and passion. For this position, we are particularly interested in two skills: The ability to craft a beautifully written story, and the ability to tell stories not only with words but also with photos, video, graphics and other visual forms of journalism, taking full advantage of mobile and desktop platforms.
The editor's portfolio also must demonstrate an ability to manage complex and long-term projects; a knack for working closely with reporters with differing levels of experience; the talent to deliver lucid and letter-perfect articles (including top-to-bottom rewrites when necessary); and the patience to bulletproof those articles to ensure absolute fairness and accuracy.Key Relationships: The editor will work closely every day with text reporters and bureau chiefs around the world. He or she must demonstrate excellence at collaborating with photographers, videographers, graphics journalists and story designers, as we are looking to present our work as skilfully in visual media as we have done in text.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Extensive experience editing narrative, explanatory and investigative journalism, and must have a demonstrated history of excellence in digital storytelling.
* Proven track record of helping reporters conceive and execute ambitious, original, high-impact coverage.
* Text editing - producing brilliant narratives, explanatory stories, investigative stories
* Digital storytelling - presenting stories skillfully on our digital platforms
* Ability to guide reporters through long-term and complex projects.
* Ability to manage complex and long-term projects and examples of such.
* Experience working closely with reporters with differing levels of experience.
* The talent to deliver lucid and letter-perfect articles (including top-to-bottom rewrites when necessary); and the patience to bulletproof those articles to ensure absolute fairness and accuracy.Desired Skills and Experience:
* Social media skills - promoting stories and interacting with readers.
* Experience managing a website, newspaper section, magazine or other publication.Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest independent multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job sharesIf you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need. At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
United Kingdom-London-London-GBR-London-30 South Colonnade
United States of America-New York-New York-USA-New York-3 Times Square
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.