West Publishing Corporation Senior Associate Editor, Privacy & Data Security in New York, New York
- Working with Privacy and Data Security (P&DS) editors on researching, drafting, and editing core resources and presentation materials, including Q&As, practice notes, checklists, standard documents, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Researching, drafting, and editing resources and presentation materials with minimal senior editor supervision.
- Working with P&DS editors on researching and editing resources from external authors.
- Liaising with external authors regarding original contributions and updates of Practical Law resources.
- Maintaining the Practical Law P&DS pages on various Thomson Reuters products.
- Maintaining core resources.
- If applicable, generating periodic e-mails on current legal developments of interest to subscribers.
- Additional tasks as needed.
Reports to Managing Editor, Privacy & Data Security
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- JD plus 3+ years' legal experience (law firm or in-house).
- Ability to draft high-quality resources, including:
- close attention to detail;
- good command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to research, draft and edit a variety of core resources, including Q&As, practice notes, standard documents, checklists, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively with members of various teams (editorial, sales and marketing), with minimal supervision.
- Capacity to take on and effectively organize and manage additional projects.
- Knowledge of privacy and data security law is preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
L Product Management
United States of America-Minnesota-Eagan-USA-Eagan-610 Opperman Dr
United States of America-New York-New York-USA-New York-747 Third Avenue, United States of America-District of Columbia-Washington-USA-Washington-1333 H Street N
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.