RR Donnelley Manager, Graphic Design and Desktop Publishing* in New York, New York
Tracking Code33944 Job Description
The Manager is a member of the onsite RR Donnelley team delivering exceptional customer service at our client location. Responsibilities include day-to-day creative and operational management of a team of Operations Supervisors who are responsible for the Content Strategy, Proofreading, Desktop Publishing and Digital Presentations team. The ideal candidate should understand print, electronic and web production using the desktop publishing software packages available.
He/She should be a dynamic designer as well as an excellent operational manager who can guide his team from a creative and technical perspective but also oversee the production process and monitor key performance indicators and metrics.
The Manager will be involved in the technical and graphical aspects, not just from a design point of view, but also from an operational aspect in terms on monitoring volumes, delivery time, metrics, costs, origin of projects etc... and communicating this data back to Senior Management on a monthly and quarterly basis or as requested.
The Manager will be involved in the technical side of the electronic or print production and will ensure that jobs are produced excellently from start to finish, communicating pro-actively with all required parties.
He/She will work closely and collaborate with other internal design teams, art directors, and production teams to see complex jobs through final delivery to clients.
The ideal candidate will manage the budget and timelines associated with all assignments and must be confident in presenting design products to senior end-users and clients. He/She will also collaborate with other internal design teams and be will be responsible for the quality control of high profile production job
- Ensure team provides outstanding service to client, while building strong customer relationships
- Create an environment conducive to service expansions and new business opportunities
- Maximize profitability through the effective utilization of labor and resources
- Produce required reports on schedule
- Coordinate workflow within the team, prioritizing jobs and delegating duties to Supervisors
- Monitor workflow to ensure jobs are completed efficiently, accurately and within deadlines
- Train new employees on policies and procedures
- Communicate with manager and client on job or deadline issues
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR), through improvements as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls
- Supervise and coach Operations Supervisors on a weekly basis
- Experienced Manager with at least 5 years managerial experience in a financial/banking environment
- Desktop Publisher and/or Graphic Designer and/or Studio Designer with at least 8 years experience
- Advanced editing and formatting skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to further enhance Firm's presentations and marketing materials
- Proven leadership, management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while working under tight deadline
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with staff, internal clients (including Investment Bankers), other vendors and colleagues located in our worldwide offices
- Ability to see the big picture-to look at the design and esthetic aspect and ensure it also conforms to the firm's style and branding as well as regulatory requirements in collaboration with the Legal and Compliance department
- Ability to balance multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management capabilities
- Highly motivated, proactive and confident decision-maker and creative problem-solver
- Detail oriented and focused on client service
- Strong initiative and ability to start on tasks with minimal direct guidance
- Experience with both small and large-scale projects
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in a fast pace environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and +Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
OTJ-PMJob LocationNew York, New York, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company’s policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.