Google Manager, Americas Publisher Solutions Consulting, Google Technical Professional Services in New York, New York
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA
Google Technical Services: Professional Services (gPS) is a team of solution-oriented trusted advisors supporting millions of users worldwide. Our consultative services take our deep technical and product expertise and combine it with our powerful understanding of our customer’s needs and goals to solve their biggest business challenges allowing them to grow and get the most out of Google solutions.
The Americas Publisher Solutions Consulting team focuses on Google’s most strategic and highest-value partnerships. We implement and optimize the whole publisher ads stack - core display platforms (e.g., DoubleClick for Publishers), the DoubleClick Ad Exchange, and AdSense for Search and Shopping, but these partnerships touch many areas of Google, and the team in turn collaborates across Google as well.
As a Manager, you will lead a group of technology non-conformists who serve as liaisons between our partners and Google's Engineering and Sales teams. You will make sure your team not only serves as Google teachers, but also identify new opportunities where our products can better help our partners' businesses. Our suite of products is growing and managers help us understand exactly what our partners need.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Build and manage a high-performing, regional team that provides exemplary operational support and consultative services to our platform and monetization partners.
- Set the strategic direction of the services organization and work with Product Management, Sales, Engineering to ensure strategic alignment with customer needs, services needs and coordinate the execution of goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute on large internal and external high-impact projects and initiatives; assist with complex and difficult client escalations in close collaboration with team leads and cross-functional teams.
- Manage and communicate processes and metrics to enable highly transparent, credible and impactful functions.
- Provide regional oversight of the vertical including deep expertise with reviewing platform and/or business agreements and providing critical feedback to key stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree in a technical area or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working as a Technical Account Manager on platform and/or monetization products.
- MBA, MS or other advanced degree.
- Experience leading teams with diverse backgrounds (e.g. technology, product, operations, customer facing) to execute on a shared vision.
- Experience in a people management role (Manager/Team Lead) in a technical division/organization.
- Extensive work experience with internet products and technologies; strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, cross-functional and global team environment; excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.