Shutterstock Freelance Picture Editor, Offset in New York, New York
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace to license editorial and commercial images, videos and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
We're looking for freelance Photo Editors to curate images for our Offset collection featuring the work of incredible photographers from around the world.
As a Freelance Offset Photo Editor, this role thinks strategically about how to identify the most impactful, resonant and salable images to drive success for our photographers and value for our global marketplace.
- Use insightful judgment to select the most impactful images ensuring that we maintain the recognized Offset collection brand aesthetic and collection integrity.
- Review images for quality aspects emphasizing strong composition and considered lighting.
- Identify unique and authentic images that will delight our global customers.
- Collaborate with the photographer support team to provide editing insights and feedback to drive photographer success.
- Prioritize image selection with consideration for the market, customers and deadlines.
- BFA/BA/BS in Photography or related arts discipline
- Expertise working with industry standard image editing tools and processes.
- Proficient at discerning images that are special, evoke emotion and provide a depth of scenario with a strong curatorial eye and meticulous attention to detail.
- Domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for creative imagery.
- 2-5+ years of professional photo editing experience.
- Exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals.
- Software: Lightroom/Bridge/PhotoMechanic, Photoshop, Excel, Google Docs, and file sharing/digital asset management systems.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V