West Publishing Corporation Editor, North America Pictures in New York, New York
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at .
Reuters is looking for a picture editor to lead the North America pictures team of the world's top news picture agency. We need an inspirational leader who will motivate the team and ensure that Reuters dominates coverage of the biggest news events and provides unique photojournalism to tell the stories of a fast-changing world in the United States and Canada.
A commitment to preserving the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias is essential. So is absolute dedication to the safety of all the photographers who provide pictures to Reuters.
The successful candidate will need impeccable news judgment and a strong track record of leading outstanding news coverage that is respected within the industry. An openness to new ideas and new ways of working is critical. We are looking for a candidate with the flexibility and imagination to seize on new opportunities and the ability to manage change.
Excellent communication skills are a must. The North America pictures editor will inspire our exceptional photographers and will be committed to identifying and developing the stars of the future from diverse backgrounds. Reuters is a fully multimedia news organization and the North America pictures editor will work closely with colleagues from video and text to give our customers exemplary coverage across the board.
- Gives overall direction to news coverage in North America and ensures the file meets customer needs and performance standards.
- Committed to Reuters Trust Principles and ensures they are full understood by the wider team.
- Ensure Reuters wins the region's biggest news stories. The editor will also support the rich photojournalism of the Wider Image.
- Ensure security and safety of the entire team is always a priority.
- Responsible for leading, motivating, and communicating with photographers in the region.
- Manages editors in North America, to include EIC's in New York, Washington, Los Angeles, and Toronto.
- Discovers and fosters talent, and promotes diversity.
- Drives multimedia and cross-asset storytelling through collaboration with news specialists from other parts of the news file.
- Able to manage a budget and work with the Global Editor, Reuters Pictures
Essential Skills and Experience
- Inspirational leadership and communications skills
- Commitment to Reuters values
- Understanding of safety and security issues
- Outstanding news judgment
- Understanding of the news pictures business and wider media industry
- Strong people skills
- Strong organizational skills
- An understanding of budgets and a track record of delivering on them
- Minimum five years' management experience
- Experience working in hostile environments
- A personal track record of award-winning photography
- Experience working with multimedia elements
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.Locations
United States of America-New York-New York-USA-New York-3 Times Square
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.