NBC Universal Associate Editor, Food & Travel in New York, New York
Job Number 33008BR
Job Title Associate Editor, Food & Travel
Business Segment Cable Entertainment
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
Bravo Digital is looking for a passionate associate editor with solid experience in the food and travel space.
You’ll be a strong self-starter that has a deep understanding of what makes for a compelling editorial experience around food and travel.
Reporting to the Editor, Food & Travel, your mission is simple – to create the most interesting, share-worthy and entertaining content in food and travel through a uniquely Bravo lens.
You’ll have a natural instinct for what makes a headline clickable and an insatiable appetite for experimenting with new ideas and content formats. Egos should be checked at the door as you’ll be expected to marry your natural editorial instincts with a healthy dose of data to help guide your decision making. Chartbeat and Parse.ly addicts are encouraged to apply.
From interviews and food/travel hacks to listicles and galleries, you’ll create a rich variety of editorial content that will help drive the growth of the food & travel verticals. You’ll also work closely with a team of producers across Bravo Digital to identify opportunities to leverage Bravo talent and IP when it makes sense to do so.
Experience with Drupal is helpful – but not essential – but you will be well-versed in using one-or-more Web Content Management Systems.
While sparkling prose is considered table-stakes for this role, we also welcome applicants who have an interest in developing video content ideas. Somebody who can think beyond the slideshow will flourish in this position.
• Generate ideas and leads for food and travel stories
• Write and report original posts
• Create and publish blog posts, photo galleries, video playlists, and other content experiences within Bravo’s CMS
• Coordinate relevant media with Photo and Video teams
• Cover special events and conduct interviews as needed
• At least 5 years’ experience in food and/travel reporting with established outlets
• Demonstrated experience publishing digital content within a CMS
• Demonstrated experience creating daily content under deadline pressure
• Extensive experience interviewing / working directly with talent
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Experience analyzing traffic and adjusting content and/or promotion accordingly
• Demonstrated ability to work with celebrity talent
• Demonstrated experience negotiating exclusive access/interviews with talent, managers, and publicists
• Working knowledge of video production a plus
• Working knowledge of Bravo shows, stars, and voice a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.