Nature America, Inc Assistant Editor, Mathematics in New York, New York
Springer Nature is one of the worlds leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13, 000 staff in over 50 countries.
Under limited supervision, the Assistant Editor willprovideadministrative and editorial support to the Mathematics publishingteam.
- Preparation of incoming manuscripts for production and publication; thorough scrutiny of manuscripts for internal consistency and completeness; completion of all forms to be circulated with manuscripts internally
- Log outstanding permissions and solicitation of permissions from the appropriate publishers/outside authors and/or interaction with Springer authors/editors to assist in the securing of permissions.
- Solicit peer reviews for prospects and signed projects as needed or as directed by editors.
Prepare contracts; Arrange royalty payments for series editors; Support, monitor and process reprints.
Under supervision of editor, fulfill author/editor needs, prepare a "before, during and after" relationship with the author.
Draft and edit back cover copy and book marketing plans for editor's review and approval (in close cooperation with product management).
Act as liaison between authors, production department and promotion departments after manuscripts have been submitted to production.
Maintenance of projects database for proposals, upcoming and published books.
Maintain and updatejournaldata and bookdata as needed.
Perform related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Preference for a math or science academic background.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in related editorial capacity.
- Mathematics or science background preferred.
- Must be well-organized and attentive-to-detail.
- Exposure MS office and databases preferred.
The closing date to submit your applicationis Wednesday, July 5, 2017.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD& D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature isan Equal Opportunity Employer that complieswith the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster:
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO